STATE-OF-THE-ART DIGITAL TRANSPORT & MUSIC SERVER FEATURING
WORLD’S 1ST LINEAR POWERED MOTHERBOARD for high-end audio playback.
JCAT introduces flagship series - XACT - which demonstrates the very best that can be achieved in digital audio playback. The S1 music server is a statement product that delivers unmatched performance.
Designed from scratch and fine-tuned solely for high-end audio playback, XACT S1 is a purist’s dream for those in the know. Featuring JCAT’s proprietary ZeNA (Zero-Noise-Architecture) motherboard, the S1 does not rely on switching DC-DC converters. Instead, super-low-noise linear regulators are used exclusively making XACT S1 the world’s first music server running on linear power alone.
ThE ONLY MUSIC SERVER ON The MARKET FEATURING MOTHERBOARD designed exclusively FOR HIGH-END AUDIO playback.
The market lacked a genuine audiophile-grade motherboard. Most of the available streaming products are assembled using general-purpose PC motherboards designed for office work and gaming. Such motherboards with noisy switching converters should not be used in a high-end audio system as they pollute other hi-fi components and contribute to irritating 'digital' sound. Some companies try to improve their PC-based music servers by using better power supplies, which is a good practice, but eventually the final result is compromised by generic motherboard not suited for high-end audio playback.
The FINEST AUDIO COMPONENTS.
XACT S1’s proprietary audiophile-grade motherboard, apart from 100% linear regulation, features extremely low-jitter OCXO clock with ±5 ppb frequency stability - the same that is used in JCAT's XE cards. The extensive power supply section based on JCAT’s renowned OPTIMO linear PSU delivers 140 000 uF of capacitance provided by Nichicon’s flagship Muse and Fine Gold capacitors series, ideally suited for first class audio equipment. Internal SSD selected for its sound properties offers 4TB of storage and is connected to the motherboard via Reference SATA cable to ensure absolute best sound quality.
TOP HIGH-END SOUND.
JCAT has a history of releasing products that push the boundaries of what's possible to achieve with computer-based audio playback. Marcin Ostapowicz, JPLAY & JCAT Founder, spent over 2 years finetuning software for absolute best sound quality. XACT S1 is a sum of all his experiences – a statement product and the source of pride.
SUPERLATIVE QUALITY AT YOUR FINGERTIP.
A dream come true.
XACT S1 is a dream come true for audiophiles who seek exceptional sound quality and ease of use. Connect LAN cable to your home network, USB cable to your D/A converter and press the power button on the front panel – no configuration is needed.
scrupulous attention to detail.
Built around high-performance quad-core CPU for network applications, XACT S1 is capable of playing music files from streaming services without any compromise in sound quality. All components were selected after extensive listening trials to meet our rigorous requirements.
JPLAY app – the ultimate audiophile experience.
XACT S1 comes with a lifetime license for JPLAY app which combines Qobuz, Tidal, and local content in a single beautiful interface. According to Chris Connaker (The Computer Audiophile), Founder of Audiophile Style, JPLAY for iOS is easily the best control point app he’s used to date. JPLAY app is available for iOS (iPhones, iPads and M CPU equipped Macs).
The XACT S1’s chassis is a high-end minimalism; the enclosure is made entirely from aluminum. The harmoniously shaped milled matt black front panel makes it one of the most beautiful devices on the market.
REVIEWS & AWARDS
„Its sound is extremely difficult to distinguish it from an analog recording. A refined, well-thought-out, sophisticated product.” Wojciech Pacuła, chief editor, HighFidelity
- Proprietary ZeNA (Zero-Noise-Architecture) motherboard (world's first 100% linear powered motherboard)
- OPTIMO linear power supply section delivering 140 000 uF
- State-of-the-art ±0.005 (±5 ppb) stability Emerald OCXO (oven controlled oscillator) delivers the most stable timing in the presence of environmental stressors such as airflow, temperature perturbation, vibration, shock, and electromagnetic interference (EMI)
- Digital outputs: 2x USB Audio 2.0 (main and without 5V power bus) via gold plated high durability EMI shielded USB connectors
- 4TB of internal storage from an industrial grade SSD connected via Reference SATA cable
- LAN inputs: 6x Gigabit Ethernet (for future network switch & router capabilities; available later in 2023)
- Gold plated high durability EMI shielded RJ-45 connectors with built-in 12-core transformers for improved isolation
- LED-off feature for LAN ports to counteract noise
- Chassis made of aluminum; fanless design
- Custom made JPLAY realtime OS loaded from a SLC SD card
- JPLAY playback software supporting TIDAL & Qobuz streaming services and local files (from internal SSD and using UPnP/DLNA servers in local network)
- Native bit-perfect playback for DSD up to DSD512 & PCM up to 768 kHz, 16-32 bits
- Supported file types: DSD: DSF, DFF, PCM: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF; Lossy: MP3, AAC (M4A); MQA (pass-through)
- Remote control: JPLAY iOS app (lifetime license included)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 439 x 315 x 86 mm
- Weight: 9 kg